Research and Resources
- A review of chronic pain impact on patients, their social environment and the health care system
- Opioids for chronic pain: a knowledge assessment of nonpain specialty providers
- Telecare Collaborative Management of Chronic Pain in Primary Care
- Antibiotic Treatment in Patients with Chronic Low Back Pain and Vertebral Bone Edema
- Contrasting Tensions Between Patients and PCPs in Chronic Pain Management: A Qualitative Study
- A Pilot Study of Yoga as Self-Care for Arthritis in Minority Communities
- Acupuncture for Chronic Pain: Individual Patient Data Meta-analysis
- Are complementary therapies and integrative care cost-effective? A systematic review of economic evaluations
Chronic Pain Management and the Practical Implications of Addressing Recommendations Put Forth in the Institute of Medicine (IOM) Report, Relieving Pain in America
PAINS, in partnership with the Center for Practical Bioethics, under which PAINS is currently housed, contracted with a national marketing firm for completion of an environmental scan of current activities related to the IOM report with the aim of identifying areas of duplication, gaps, needs and promising practices. The process involved reviewing 40 pain-related websites and interviewing 11 key stakeholders.
Core Competencies for Pain Management: Results of an Interprofessional Consensus Summit
Fishman SM, Young HM, Lucas Arwood E, Chou R, Herr K, Murinson BB, Watt-Watson J, Carr DB, Gordon DB, Stevens BJ, Bakerjian D, Ballantyne JC, Courtenay M, Djukic M, Koebner IJ, Mongoven JM, Paice JA, Prasad R, Singh N, Sluka KA, Marie BS, Strassels SA.: Pain Med. 2013 Apr 11. doi: 10.1111/pme.12107. Epub ahead of print. PMID:23577878
US National Institutes of Health Releases First Federal Plan to Advance Research on Overlapping Pain Conditions
by Christian Veasly, Executive Director of the National Vulvodynia Association and Co-founder of the Chronic Pain Research Alliance, March 13, 2013.
Online CME Courses
- Pathways to Safer Opioid Use, HHS – an immersive, interactive training tool that was designed using the opioid-related recommendations outlined in the National Action Plan for Adverse Drug Event Prevention (ADE Action Plan).