Who They Are
The Chronic Pain Research Alliance (CPRA) is the country’s first and only research-led collaborative advocacy effort dedicated to changing the lives of those with Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions (COPCs).
With the ultimate goal of advancing timely diagnoses and effective evidence-based medical management for individuals affected by COPCs, the CPRA works with invested stakeholders:
- Promote high-quality research on chronic overlapping pain conditions
- Translate research findings into information for patients and educational training programs for clinicians
- Drive the development of safe and effective treatments for these conditions
Their Vision for the Future
With the advancement of CPRA programs, they envision a future where individuals with COPCs will receive a timely and accurate diagnosis, followed by high-quality, comprehensive medical care and safe and effective treatment that is informed by the latest and most innovative scientific evidence.
In the process, these future goals will also be attained:
- Increased federal and private investment in COPCs research that is coordinated, standardized and collaborative
- Informed and educated health care providers
- Informed and empowered patients
- Development of safe and effective therapies specific to COPCs
- Maximized taxpayer dollars and decreased costs